these tasty Granadillas in
your own packaging?
Would you like to discover what's possible?Contact us now
- In the shop: min. 8° C - max. 12° C keeps up to 3 weeks
- Ethylene sensitivity: low
- Ethylene productivity: high
- At home: not suitable for refrigeration, keeps in a cool place for several days
Quality and ripeness
A ripe granadilla has an appealing orange colour and feels firm.
The fruit contains gelatinous flesh with edible black seeds. The taste is highly aromatic. Cut through the middle and use a spoon to remove the flesh. Can be consumed as is, or used as filling or topping in pies. Add to (fruit) salads or in smoothies or shakes. Very tasty in puddings!
Recipe: granadilla sorbet
- 1 cup of sugar (250ml)
- 1 cup of fresh orange juice (250ml)
- 2 cups of fresh granadilla pulp
- 2 large egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks
Heat the orange juice and add the sugar, stirring until it has dissolved.
Add the granadilla pulp and chill in the fridge.
Freeze the mixture for an hour and then fold the beaten egg whites through and then freeze again. Beat the sorbet every hour or so until the mixture has formed frozen crystals and then leave until ready to serve.