these tasty Pitahayas in
your own packaging?
Would you like to discover what's possible?Contact us now
- In the shop: min. 8° C - max. 10° C
- Ethylene sensitivity: low
- Ethylene productivity: low
- At home: In the fruit compartment of the refrigerator: 3 days to 1 week or in a fruit bowl
Quality and ripeness
- The ends must look fresh, older pitahayas have dry and black protrusions.
- Sensitive to cold temperatures.
Cut in half and scoop or slice and consume as is. Another way is to remove the tips of the pitahaya up to the flesh on both sides and make a cut from top to bottom up to the flesh. This allows for the skin to be pulled off by hand. Now you can cut the flesh into nice and round slices.
The taste resembles melon and kiwi. Suitable for (tropical) fruit salads and is great to decorate dishes and buffets.
Availability calendar Red - White
|Out of season:
|Month in season:
special offer available
personalised packaging available by request
Recipe: DRAGON FRUIT JUICE MOJITO
- 3 oz dragon fruit purée
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lime, sliced
- 4 mint sprigs
- 3 tbsp agave + more to taste
- 2 shots white rum
- 1½ c Sparkling water + more to taste
- 2 c ice cubes
In a large mixing cup muddle together the dragon fruit puree with the lime juice and the mint leaves from 3 sprigs of mint. Mix in the vanilla extract, agave and rum and top with the sparkling water.
Taste the mojito and adjust sweetness to taste with more agave or more lime juice.
Pour the mojitos in two glasses over ice and serve promptly garnished with the remaining mint leaves and some lime slices.